Foster Care Ombudsman (FCO)
- 2023 Third Quarter Report of the Foster Care Ombudsman
- 2023 First Quarter Report of the Foster Care Ombudsman
- 2022 Fourth Quarter Report of the Foster Care Ombudsman
- 2022 Third Quarter Report of the Foster Care Ombudsman
- 2022 Second Quarter Report of the Foster Care Ombudsman
- 2022 First Quarter Report of the Foster Care Ombudsman
- 2021 Quarterly Report of the Foster Care Ombudsman
- First Report of the Foster Care Ombudsman
- West Virginia Foster Child Bill of Rights
- West Virginia Foster and Kinship/Relative Bill of Rights
Be in the know . . . and help the Foster Care Ombudsman serve you better.
FCO eNews announces new features, program updates, community resources, interesting data, and much more.
Subscribe HERE to get occasional FCO eNews: http://eepurl.com/hTfdz9
During the 2019 and 2020 Legislative Sessions House Bills 2010 and 4094, relating to Foster Care, enabled an independent Foster Care Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is required to have experience as a former foster parent or in the area of child welfare.
The Ombudsman Shall:
- Advocate for the rights of foster children and foster/kinship parents and work closely with all involved parties.
- Investigate and resolve complaints by foster children and foster/kinship parents, or on the Foster Care Ombudsman's own initiative, regarding managed care services, public agencies, and social service agencies.
- Monitor the development of regulations, policies and procedures related to the foster care system, including input to the Foster Children and the Foster and Kinship Parent Bills of Rights.
- Provide assistance to foster children, foster/kinship parents on behalf of the best interests of foster children.
- Undertake legislative advocacy and proposals for systemic reforms, to secure and ensure the legal, civil, and special rights of foster children.
- Conduct programs of public education when necessary and appropriate, and advise the public of the services, purpose of, and procedures to contact the Foster Care Ombudsman office.