An Instructional Program For Adolescent Activities
I. Preparation and Pre-planning
Attachment are available to view
and print from the Table of Contents link
- A. Present program proposal to local organizations in
order to secure a sponsor or sponsors for the program.
- B. Select an appropriate target date and a committee to
develop and implement the program. (Attachment B)
- C. Solicit two male volunteers to be program
facilitators. Resources for facilitators are included.
- D. Contact community agencies/organizations for facility,
materials, supplies, monies, etc., necessary for program
- E. Develop promotion materials and methods of
dissemination. (Attachment D)
II. Special Interest Group
- A. Special interest group (sponsoring organization) may
develop plans for refreshments/meals, name tags, resource
tables, assistant facilitator, and news release
- B. This group may also be involved in participant packet
development which may include duplicating and collating
materials, handouts, worksheets, etc.
- C. Provide incentives for attendance. Examples are
packets (adult male and young male participant packets),
pamphlets, bibliography for additional reading materials,
small gifts, such as certificates for food or
merchandise, and a "Certificate of Award" for
participation and completion.
- A. Bridges and Barriers - A large group discussion of the
bridges and barriers to good communication. (Attachment
- B. Choices-Choices - Break large group into adult male
and young male small groups. Facilitator conducts
discussion about values using handouts "Testing My
Values" and/or "Personal Values Chart."
- C. Two Together - A large group activity that involves
each pair (adult male and young male) sharing their
"choices" and discussing individual values and
- D. Growth and Development - A large group activity that
allows facilitator to provide information about puberty,
growth, and development, followed by open discussion.
Packets of additional resources are made available to adult
male participants enabling them to continue and expand their
communications with their young males. (Attachment H)
IV. Post Activities
Meet with planning committee and facilitator for review of
program and facility. (Would you be willing to do this again?)
Send thank you letters to facilitator, presenters, and
BACK || FORWARD